Thursday, February 5, 2015

Colorado Students Bring Bent's Old Fort to the World


It's nice knowing that you're not all alone when learning something new.  Here, at BC, this is my first immersive education class.  At first, admittedly, I was petrified.  I didn't know how to be counted for as far as attendance, I thought that I would need a greater knowledge of computer skills, and just overall felt very insecure.  But once I had my first class, I saw how interesting this stuff can be.


Seen above is a screenshot of a news story done on an immersive education CLUB formed in Colorado.  In the image, you can see part of Bent's Old Fort, a Sante Fe Trail trading post.  This club is recreating Bent's Old Fort in Minecraft (as seen below), and will eventually share it online with the world, so that anyone, whether on the other side of the world, or in La Junta, Colorado, can enjoy this attraction from their own computers!


This is an assignment from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment