Thursday, February 5, 2015

Bent's Old Fort Gets the "Minecraft" Treatment

I, myself, have never played Minecraft, however, I am told that players "run" through different landscapes on video game consoles, smartphones, etc.  Now, Minecraft is actually being used for something other than games, although, it is being used for something just as fun.


As seen in the video above, immersive education is pioneering new ways for people to feel as if they are IN a scenario/landscape, even when hundreds or thousands of miles away.  This undoubtedly will revolutionize the concept of the words "field trip".  Now I just wish I could go back to elementary school and take advantage of some of this cool new technology!

This is an assignment from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc  

No comments:

Post a Comment