Thursday, February 26, 2015

Class 7 Classwork

STROKE: In this screenshot, I used the "stroke" tool to create a circle and rectangle on top of my existing image by selecting "edit+stroke".  Here is a screenshot:

PASTE INTO: In this screenshot, I used the "paste into" tool to paste the photo of my dog into a rounded rectangle section that I had already selected:

TRANSPARENCY (OPACITY): In this screenshot, you will see a picture of me holding my dog the day I picked him up with the previous picture of him with his underbite showing over it with a "see-through" effect.  I did this by using the layers toolbox in GIMP and adjusting the opacity of the image I superimposed over my background. 

TEXT: After fiddling around with the transparency of the images themselves, I entered several different colors and fonts of text of my dog's name and adjusted each one's transparency, also using the layers toolbox. Here is a screenshot:

SCALE: For one of my midterms, I included a picture of the Eiffel Tower.  For this particular exercise, I scaled the image down from its original size to half its size, KEEPING the same aspect ratio.  This second photo attached is the same image, scaled down, only this time changing the aspect ratio.
Here is the 2nd shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment