Thursday, April 9, 2015

Final #3: Group 3D Building Project


This is a few screenshots showing the process of a group 3D building project. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

As my portion of this project, I went to the water.  I am a big water guy, so that was the first place I looked. I decided to knock out (shovel if you will) 2 blocks of turf, letting the incoming water create a small tide pool.  Then I built an oak patio/dock with fence posts and torches surrounding it.  A beautiful sight at night.  I created a rustic look right off the dock by placing a wall of anvils.  Then behind the anvils, I created an open-air bar where the community can visit rain or shine.  The overhanging birch/ivy/glass roof protects from all the elements.  Here are the screenshots with brief descriptions of where in the process they came from:

 My first thought was to "dig out" these 2 pieces of turf to create a stream and tide pool in the pit being blocked by the turf.
 Right after I removed the turf.  The water is flowing into the adjacent pit behind me in this shot.
 Here is the pit filling up with water.
Another shot of the water rushing in to fill the pit.  Going to make for a great tide pool!

 This is a shot of the oak panelling going in to create our dock.
 More panelling


 Here is the beginning of the fence making sure nobody falls in unexpectedly.

 More fence.
 Finished fence before torches
 Fence after torches.
 Stairs up to the ground level


 Overall view.  Pretty sharp.
 Here are the anvils to create more of a nautical theme

 Here is the base of the bar structure


 Inside of the bar with a center podium, glass windows on third story, leading up to a birch finish
 Rest of the birch from inside
 Here is the beginning of the ivy roof.  The idea was to make this an open air structure
 The center of the roof is clear, protected by glass
 View looking up from inside
 Aerial View
 Another aerial view
 Beacons added to the top incase aircraft veer toward us.
 The design team of this wonderful world!
More aerial views
 Another shot of everyone meeting upstairs for a group shot
 Finished product of the bar/deck area
Another finished product shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment