Thursday, May 7, 2015

Final Project: My Boston Tea Party Ship


This is my rendition of a ship from the Boston Tea Party, done using minecraft. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

Here is the beginning of my ship.  I first built a platform, or hull, to keep the boat afloat.  





Second, I began building the sides of the boat.  There is a brown stripe down the side of it, with the rest being yellow.  So I used gold blocks to give the illusion that the side is yellow.  



Next, I added chests of tea to the interior.  



Here, I am building the stairs that lead to and from the upper deck to the cargo hold.


Here is a shot of the completed upper deck.  The second screen shot is better, as it is day time.



Here, I added two masts and some decorative sails, as well as a little extension off the bow of the ship and a protective barrier by the stairs leading into the cargo hold to stop people from falling in.  





Here is a small staircase to assist in boarding.



Here are some more cases of tea on the deck of the boat.


The following are overviews from all the different angles around my boat.






Here is the actual photo that I used as motivation for this project.
  Hope you enjoyed my work as much as I had constructing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment